Mindful Solutions can provide independent psychological assessment services, as well as, psychological counselling treatment for clients with compensation claims.
An independent Psychological Assessment is a detailed assessment of an individual’s psychological status, which can include, if required, advice regarding the individual’s current psychological fitness for work and identified barriers to return to work.
This assessment involves the following:
- Structured clinical interview
- Psychometric testing including, as appropriate, relevant inventories and personality assessment, to assist in identifying pre-existing psychopathology
- Detailed report including a diagnosis and recommendations for treatment and rehabilitation.
This assessment can be beneficial in the following ways:
- For insurers or employers wanting to determine the best course of action to manage a psychological injury.
- To assist the insurer/employer to plan treatment and rehabilitation needs.
- To provide an opinion on psychological work fitness, treatment to date and to identify any barriers to treatment progress.
Psychological Counselling treatment provided by Mindful Solutions is personalised, short-term, evidence based and outcome focused. Within the compensation systems, our practice specialises in providing treatment for clients with the following issues:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Pain management
- Workplace bullying and harrassment
Treatment strategies used include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), Solution Focused Therapy (SFT) and Clinical Hypnosis.
To assist with ensuring the effectiveness of counselling treatment, our psychologists ensure that, with the client’s consent, regular communication is maintained with all relevant key parties.